ASHRAE STUDENT MEMBERSHIP
Students pursuing engineering studies are also offered membership in ASHRAE. Student members in the international society enjoy several benefits. Besides discounts on many ASHRAE technical publications, student members may register at a reduced rate for ASHRAE’s semi-annual conferences. The Winter Conference, which attracts tens of thousands of attendees from around the world, meets in Chicago every three years. The society also awards scholarships and grants that enable students to continue their engineering studies. ASHRAE conducts an annual Student Design Project Competition. Review the Student Membership Brochure for more information.
ILLINOIS CHAPTER STUDENT MEMBER BENEFITS
- The Illinois Chapter also offers scholarships each year to students enrolled in undergraduate and post graduate engineering programs.
- Student members pay no annual chapter membership fee.
- Student members may attend monthly meetings of the Illinois Chapter free of charge. In addition to the opportunity to network with working professionals, the meetings offer technical presentations.
There are currently active ASHRAE Student Chapters at these institutions in the Illinois Chapter territory:
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- University of Illinois – Chicago
- College of DuPage
This web site is maintained by the Illinois Chapter of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE). It does not present official positions of the Society nor reflect Society policy. ASHRAE chapters may not act for the Society and the information presented here has not had Society review. To learn more about ASHRAE activities on an international level, contact the ASHRAE home page at http://www.ashrae.org.